Grub issues

jesse205 at gmail.com jesse205 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:39:17 EDT 2009

Well, it worked (I got a kernel in place) but I continued having
problems with the bootloader.

It seems that my issue was the stage 1.5 grub image, I got a warning to
that effect. I Tried to manually boot from the GRUB command line, once I
had GRUB back in the MBR, but I kept getting kernel panic, so I used the
above method.

What I ended up doing to get back into my system was a little
painful...

First I installed Ubuntu on the unused partition.

Then I set up internet access, which is not possible for me using
the installation disc.

Then I installed KGRUBEditor and used it to create a new entry, from which
I was able boot into my old system.