CMS

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Wed Mar 25 04:05:53 EDT 2009

Dan Coutu wrote:

> Lori Hitchcock wrote:
>> Working with a company developing a website in a LAMP environment and
>> starting to look at CMS.  Hearing good and bad about both Joomla and
>> Drupal.  The needs to be very simple for non-techs to add content.
>>

> For clients with simpler
> needs I often will use Word Press

I've had good results with WordPress for many sites.  It has a lot of
plugins to add various functions not inherent to the WP platform.

As others have pointed out, a more detailed list of the company's needs
would be helpful.

Feel free to contact me off-list, as building LAMP based sites with
various back ends is something I do as part of Just Works.  I'd be happy
to work with them to come up with a good fit.

> Here are some of the key things I'd look for:

Definitely a good list of questions.  Any of the top three (Joomla,
Drupal, and WordPress will do these to varying extents and varying
amounts of ease-of-use and features.

Brian