Cinelerra, high def MPEG from TiVo, slicing out a clip, creating DVD and portable versions

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Fri Mar 27 08:56:56 EDT 2009

On 03/27/2009 08:36 AM, Ben Scott wrote:
>   Cinelerra will load it.
Did you try loading in the extract from avidemux?  That clip probably
isn't indexed properly (insert hand waving of index frames and B-roll
and C-list actors).  Cinelerra may be able to figure out what's going on
and fix it for you when you export.

I have a Tivo at home with similar specs.  I haven't had to do this to
any shows I recorded, but I can do some poking around and see if I get
similar results.

-Mark