GraniteGeek blog seeks an open-source poster

David Brooks dbrooks at nashuatelegraph.com
Thu May 14 12:27:26 EDT 2009

My name is Dave Brooks. I've been the sci/tech columnist for the Nashua
Telegraph for more years than I care to remember, and run the associated
GraniteGeek blog about "sci/tech tidbits in and around New Hampshire".

As I discussed with Ted Roche today, I am interested in having somebody
from GNHLUG contribute occasionally to the blog about open-source in New
England - announcements about big public events, new open-source
business or government IT deployments, intriguing projects done by local
folks; stuff like that.

Items need at least a vague local connection, must be moderately
accessible to the outside world, and have some sort of "hook" to explain
why they are appearing at this moment (e.g., no commentary on the evils
of Microsoft, unless maybe Microsoft recently signed a big contract with
the state).

This is a blog so we're talking about quite short items, a hundred words
at most ... and we're talking about unpaid, too (most of journalism is
in danger of becoming unpaid, alas). Your posts would remain your own,
to repost or do whatever you want elsewhere, although we would keep them
up on GraniteGeek.

I was assuming one-off items but if somebody's psyched enough and
skilled enough, we could create a monthly GNHLUG posting, complete with
a logo (rather like UNH New Service, which posts weekly about scientific
research at UNH).

If you're interested, drop me a line. Or discuss it on the mailing list
and we can bat it around.

David Brooks
voice: 603-594-5831
dbrooks at nashuatelegraph.com