[OT] DTV switch-over (was: Mythtv users + Comcast subscribers)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:26:31 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Neil Joseph Schelly
<neil at jenandneil.com> wrote:
> I've got 3 analog tuners and no plans to pay for digital cable anytime soon.

  Depending on what you want, you may not have to.  FCC rules say that
the cable provider has to provide all the local broadcast signals at
no additional cost.  That includes digital and high-definition.

  When I got the CableCARD for my TiVo, there was no additional charge
unless I also wanted the cable channels (e.g., CNN, Discovery, ESPN)
in high-definition.

-- Ben