Looking for stuff that you forgot to throw out

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Sun Nov 29 16:19:29 EST 2009

> On Sunday 29 November 2009 14:48, Bill Freeman wrote:
> > I've been gifted with a Dell Latitude LX 475D laptop.
> > But the thing does have a pair of PCMCIA slots.  N.B., PCMCIA,
> > not card bus.
> >
> > So I'm looking for the loan of one or more of a PCMCIA ethernet,
> > WiFi, USB, and/or CD equipment, so I can figure out if it's
> > worth buying one of the first three.
>
>     I really liked my Win 3.11 equipped Arm laptop ($4200), my first
> computer with graphics and Internet.  Old computers recall the thrill
> of those early explorations.  Assuming they loaded PCMCIA drivers with
> Win 3.11, these 2 PCMCIA cards might work:
>
>     Netgear FA510 Ethernet card, drivers on floppy
>     USB 2.0 dual port USB card, might be able to find drivers
>
>     Available for loan, Nashua.
>
> Jim Kuzdrall

Thsnks, Jim.  They would be fun to play with.  I have an offer of a
loan of an FA-410, but the existence of driver floppies makes your
510 particularly interesting.  USB, of course, would solve many
problems, but 3.11 drivers may be exciting.

What sort of schedule do you have?  I'm often close to Nashua, but
not during business hours.

Bill