Looking for stuff that you forgot to throw out

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 12:41:49 EST 2009

>> It is a La Crosse WS-3610.
>  Looks like it's OEM'ed by these people:
>
>http://www.heavyweather.info/new_english_us/3610set.html
>
>  The software spec sheet claims it only works with Win 98 or later,
>and needs 128 MB RAM.  If that's true, and that software is the same
>software you have (and not some new generation), chances are it's not
>going to run on Win 3.x or that 486 at all.

In the past I've used dedicated machines that could passively sniff
RS232 data and control signals but I'm assuming that if you had access
to a gizmo like that you'd have mentioned it.

Here's an article from somebody who's discouraged about LaCrosse
Technology's gear and their attitude toward Linux compatibility:

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/hows-weather