Fwd: How Apple makes more profit on their systems...

Jefferson Kirkland numberwhun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 13:12:58 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jefferson Kirkland <numberwhun at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: How Apple makes more profit on their systems...
To: Shawn O'Shea <shawn at eth0.net>

While I am sure the Mac Mini is a nice machine, I can still get more machine
for less.  Take a look at this
machine<http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9170835&type=product&id=1218043607320>at
Best Buy.  As you can see, It has more of a procecssor, twice the ram,
slightly bigger hard drive and again, its less than half the price of a base
Mac Mini.  If the didn't charge so much for their proprietary hardware, they
might outsell the competition and beat them on price.

I agree with Joseph's comment that they should get out of the hardware
business and as a whole, concentrate on the OS and let people buy their own
machines.  We, as consumers would certainly save some serious $$$ that way.

Regards,

Jeff