Fwd: How Apple makes more profit on their systems...

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sun Oct 4 16:23:41 EDT 2009

Jefferson Kirkland <numberwhun at gmail.com> writes:

> Ok, I linked the wrong one, sorry.  The dual core was about $100 more, but
> that's still way less than the $599 low end price of the mini.  Plus, I really
> don't care about the size of the thing, but since it was brought up, why would
> I want to pay so much more for (yet again) less?  I would rather have a
> machine like a desktop that I can extend personally.

Since nobody's made he *requisite* car-analogy yet: I bet you don't
drive a BMW Z-series, either (or have all of your service done at the
dealership?) :)

And, on that note..., what was that line from Jobs?
Here--I think this is it:

     "Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or
      Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW
      or Mercedes?"

Maybe someone should take this tift and package it up into an FOSS
project, so that people can stop recreating it from scratch.

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).