How can I retrieve the mount count for an ext3 volume?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Oct 6 12:17:11 EDT 2009

On 10/06/2009 10:42 AM, Ben Scott wrote:
>   What do you think this is, MS Windows?  :)  We've got a perfectly
> servicable tool (dumpe2fs) that will tell us the information.  Why do
> we need a kernel API for it?  :)

No need to stick it in /proc, but parsing the output of utilities with
scripts is subject to all kinds of potential errors and inefficiencies.

I'd have guessed this would be exposed in sysfs, but in mine, e.g.:

  cat /sys/fs/ext4/dm-0/*

there's no mount count.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle