FWIW: The bigger picture... Or why I have been asking a lot of questions lately...

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Mon Oct 12 15:21:49 EDT 2009

Tom Buskey wrote:
> IBM was working on a Cell on a card to plug into a motherboard for use
> in supercomputer clusters.  Much like nvidea's tesla gpu cards.

Fixstars, formerly known as terrasoftsolutions has an equivalent item
http://www.fixstars.com/en/products/gigaaccel180/
If this was around when I started, it would have been good.  However,
for the moment I am stuck with
http://www.fixstars.com/en/products/bladecenter/qs22/

If I had the high speed link, I'd be golden.  Right now, I don't have
the budget for it.  So back to the slow 1Gb network stuff... :(