Suggestions - embedded Linux

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Tue Oct 13 11:03:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Drew Van Zandt <drew.vanzandt at gmail.com>wrote:

> So, I've convinced my company to at least entertain the idea of using
> embedded Linux on one of our upcoming projects, but I'm in need of some
> research.  I'm doing my own, of course, but I thought some of you might have
> suggestions.
>
> We would spin our own PCB with CPU etc.,

 You might find some value in investigating http://www.buglabs.net/ which I
think runs Linux embedded.  Also, I don't think http://www.arduino.cc/ runs
Linux on the board (does it?) but the programming language and development
environment fully, if not primarily, support Linux.

Here are the relevant netcasts that exposed me to these awesome
technologies:
http://twit.tv/floss70
http://twit.tv/floss61

Both projects blow my mind and I would love to tinker with either but I
don't have the money to spend on Bug Labs, and I don't have the time for
either right now.