sendmail configuring port numbers

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Wed Oct 14 10:02:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Steven W. Orr <steveo at syslang.net> wrote:

> I'm running sendmail 8.14.3 on fedora 10...

There's your problem right there.  Try these commands:
yum install postfix
yum remove sendmail

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  ;-)  Seriously though, I've converted enough
sendmail installs to postfix now that I can solve any problem with sendmail
faster by replacing it than trying to restle with those obsurd config.
Blah! Oh, and of course, these commands are a big part of that end (URL is
an exmaple only):
wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/webadmin/webmin/1.490/webmin-1.490-1.noarch.rpm?use_mirror=iweb
rpm -ihv webmin*.rpm

Also of course, replacing sendmail with postfix is not as simple as the
above in any but the most basic of sendmail installs, but I found plenty of
good guides on google the first tiem I did it, and it has always proven to
be worth the effort.

I'm only trying to be mildly snarky in that I hope this isn't entirely
useless. =)

--
Alan Johnson
alan at datdec.com