My router saga (with bonus features!)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:47:23 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Alex Hewitt <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> wrote:
> And of course you personally have told us that if you were doing this
> commercially you wouldn't even think about using cheap consumer grade gear.

  Indeed.  When it's for business, time is money -- *someone else's*
money.  And for my job, at least, I've got too much to do as it is.
If I can pay somewhat more to get something that actually works, it's
well worth it.

> Unfortunately though when you factor
> in wasted time, the expensive stuff starts to look reasonable.

  The mark of a smart manufacturer is when their stuff is priced to be
just barely worth it.  :)

> Unless of course you're doing this just for the learning experience
> and because you have some spare time.

  Exactly.  This project was hobby "fun" for me.  Although much more
"fun" like that, and I'll end up in the funny farm!  ;-)

-- Ben