Reverse pointer axes?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Oct 27 08:33:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:

> Hey, all.  I've got a daughter in college -- she's up in Burlington, VT.
> I've also got a daughter who's not yet in kindergarten.  Needless to say,
> a three-hour car trip with a young 'un can be fairly long (and then back
> again).  Our minivan ha(s|d) a DVD player -- but it's b0rken.  (Probably
> an alignment issue, methinks.)  Anyway, I'm seriously contemplating taking
> a $250 netbook and mounting it upside-down.  Ubuntu has an "upside-down"
> option for its video, so that's no problem.  But not so much the trackpad.
>  Does anyone know of a way to invert the axes for a pointing device?  I've
> Googled a fair bit, but the only thing I found even kinda-sorta close was
> ways to modify one specific track pad driver/kernel module to rotate one
> axis.  If there's a generic X-windows mechanism, that would certainly be
> far more handy.

If you don't already have the netbook, I'd recommend a portable DVD player.
I have one for each kid (2) with power adapters.  They hold them in their
laps with headphones on trips.  They might use them at home or elsewhere.

You can find them for $80 or so.  Best of all, they are not in the car
except for long trips :-)