grep, maybe

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Fri Oct 30 00:52:45 EDT 2009

Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
> <rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
> >
> > Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).
>
>   Okay, I'll ask: What does that stuff to the right mean?

The other half of the whole habanero pepper. :)

More lucidly: a combinator. ;)

It's a pun. Actually, somehow this never occurred to me before, but
since the sentence as a whole is `an imperative', and the `question'
to be asked is functional, I guess it's... a functional imperative? So
maybe it's a deeper (or worse) joke than I originally intended....

> Some kind of LISP?

Almost. Did you have any luck googling for it? :)

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).