[OT] Re: Software Freedom Day 2009 - Sat 19 Sep

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Mon Sep 14 13:43:29 EDT 2009

Mark Ordung <ordung at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Ben Scott<dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > To whom it may concern:
> >
> > Software Freedom Day is this month. Saturday, 19 September, 2009.
> > I know some people in the area do stuff for SFD. How can I help?
> >
> > http://softwarefreedomday.org/
> >
> > Others who are interested or want to help or what to do something of
> > their own are encouraged to pile on to this thread. :)
>
> Arrr. Sept. 19!?   http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

It's *also* Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year).

How does one say "software" in Hebrew?

And, in honour of Talk-Like-a-Pirate Day, my suggestion is doing some
barbecue--just like the actual Buccaneers did; cf.:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buccaneer#History

(the word, "Buccaneer", literally means `one who smokes meat').

I'd offer to host, but I don't think I'm going to be around.

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).