Make Q's

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Wed Sep 16 21:04:42 EDT 2009

I made a make file for my project.  It was kind of ugly, but it nearly
works...  First moderately complicated make I've done.

Three questions:
1.  Is it possible to have a project that some files are compiled with
g++ and others gcc?
2.  In the link phase one needs to use g++, correct?
3.  Is there a way to automate the compilation so that the *.c files get
compiled by gcc and the *.cpp by g++?

Hmm, one more question.  Anyone have a favorite writeup or tutorial on
make?  Google reveals lots of them - most are trivial.  I had one that
was pretty good, but somehow have misplaced the URL.

TIA
-Bruce