Digital Voice Recorders and Linux

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 23:06:19 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a decent digital voice recorder.  Can anyone recommend a
good one that allows for PC connectivity and can be accessed from Linux ?

I've seen several which are "PC Compatible".  All the ones from Sony
mention special software, which I assume comes with the recorder and
runs only on Windows or Mac OS.

Some of the Olympus models mention being "PC Compatible", but don't
mention anything about any software.  I take this to mean that the
recorder probably shows up as a removable storage device with direct
access to the files.  Though, there's no mention what format they're in,
one description of the device mentioned WMA-compatible files.

Obviously it would be great if the device recorded directly to MP3, but
I'll settle for anything I deal with under Linux.

I'd appreciate any input anyone may have

--
Thanks,
Paul