Digital Voice Recorders and Linux

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Sep 22 10:28:58 EDT 2009

On 09/22/2009 09:07 AM, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Arc Riley<arcriley at gmail.com>  writes:
>

>> http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-music-and-video-players/sandisk-sansa-clipplus-mp3-player-.aspx
>>
>> Voice recording and plays MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC.  Inexpensive too.
>>

> Arc,
>
> Thanks a lot!  This is far more feature-rich than any of the devices I
> was looking at.  And, it's got an FM-tuner with timer-record option so I
> could record things and listen in the car later!
>
> I think the 2GB model will be just fine, especially given that it
> supports expandable storage via SD cards!

It's worth shopping around for these, too: NewEgg offers Sansa products,
refurbished, at quite a bargain. They've got a 2Gb Clip in today's
mailing for $24.99.

I picked up a refurb'ed Sandisk Sansa 6 Gb a couple of years ago and
have been beating it up during daily workout and it's worked like a champ.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche&  Associates, LLC