Why Linksys routers are so cheap...

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Sep 22 13:02:12 EDT 2009

On 09/22/2009 08:53 AM, Hewitt_Tech wrote:
> Bottom line - if it's commercial use in any way buy something better
> (Sonicwall, Cisco, Netscreen...) and stay well clear of Linksys.

Since we're on this list, it's worth noting that your options aren't
only cheap proprietary gear and expensive proprietary gear. I regularly
sell clients quality embedded open hardware for firewalls/routers in the
sub-$500 range using open-source platforms.  For mission-critical stuff
I do two with a heartbeat/failover between them.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle