[GNHLUG] Vim - how to learn more - CentraLUG, April 5th

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Thu Apr 1 19:38:31 EDT 2010

The April meeting of the Central New Hampshire Linux User Group,
CentraLUG, will be on Monday, April 5th, at the New Hampshire Technical
Institute's Library, Room 146, starting at 7 PM. Directions and details
always available at http://www.centralug.org

Ted will talk about Vim the text editor. Developed by Bram Moolenaar and
originally released for the Amiga (on Fred Fish 591!)[1], Vim was based
on the vi editor by Bill Joy (and he, in turn was inspired by ex,
etcetera...). No expert, Ted will talk about what he's learned and where
he learned it, resources that are out there to learn or enhance the
basic functionality, and a demonstration of what he's learned so far and
how far he has to go. We'll talk about resources you can use - websites,
cheatsheets, videocasts, books - online and paper version, a really cool
one-liner, add-ons and plugins and more! Beginners interested in
learning about Vim are welcome. Experienced practitioners and experts
are welcome to share their insights and suggestions on how to learn
more.  Emacs users are welcome to make constructive comments.

As always. we will have a question and answer session, announcements,
job openings, folks looking for jobs, and general camaraderie. Hope to
see you there.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vim_(text_editor)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vim_%28text_editor%29>

--