NFS stops responding

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 17:42:26 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Kevin D. Clark
<kevin_d_clark at comcast.net> wrote:
> One thing that I've done to help me understand what is going on is to
> rigorously go through each packet (sent and received) and verify that
> what got sent is the same as what got received ...

  Wireshark's ability to break down packets from transport to
application layers can be a great help here.  If using the text
"tshark", use the "-V" switch.

  Is there anything like a "diff" utility for pcap captures?  Google
finds mention of something called "tcpdiff", but it seems to be more
aimed at the transport layer alone, and appears to be BSD (more
correctly, "pf") only.

-- Ben