We need a better Internet in America

Seth Cohn sethcohn at gnuhampshire.org
Wed Apr 7 08:59:06 EDT 2010

Try  http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20001825-38.html
Written by the awesome Declan McCullagh, who is not only a good
reporter, but a techy who understands the issues, and writes followups
(6 as I type this).

Net Neutrality will only give the government more control over the
net.  Sorry, but that's a bad thing, in my book.  Please name one
instance where the government getting involved has truly made things
faster, cheaper and/or better. (pick 2.. they often try do one at the
expense of the other 2)

The net, from the very start, treats censorship (which is the major
complaint Net Neutralists tout - slower access is just a subtle form
of censorship), as damage and routes around it.  If we have companies,
like Comcast, who abuse their providerships, we route around them,
sooner or later.

Seth