Internet history (was: We need a better Internet)

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 10:42:17 EDT 2010

Benjamin Scott writes:

>   I remember a shared login script at UNH which defined various names,
> so you could do things like:
>
>      for H in $DWARVES ; do ... ; done
>
>   Makes sense to put something like that in /etc/profile or whatever,
> if you're doing to use the fancy name strategy.  :)

This is a good idea, and I ended up doing this too.

The problem that I had was that I frequently had to deal with the
situation of "this particular problem only really efficiently runs on
1, 4, or 16 nodes in the cluster" or "this problem only really
efficiently runs on 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16" nodes in the cluster"....now,
what nodes were these again, and how do I relate all of the logfiles
that I obtained from the last program run?

Like I said, not a big problem

Regards,

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc / http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/
GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E

 Wipe him down with gasoline 'til his arms are hard and mean
 From now on boys this iron boat's your home
 So heave away, boys.
   -- Tom Waits