OpenStreetMap compatible GPS?

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 13:33:05 EDT 2010

At college (1995 or so in specific) I noticed a definite correlation between
engineering students whom I would actually trust to design something my life
depended on (bridges, pacemakers, etc.) and the ability to do math without a
fancy calculator.  The newer graphing calculators doing all the systems of
equations etc. for you just made the divide all the more apparent.

Naturally, as a *nix geek, I had only a reg'lar old calculator  (TI-35X
4-eva).  I'm cutting-edge like that.

I still think graphing calculators are dumb.  A regular calculator because
carrying around sine and cosine tables is easier that way, and then
MathCAD/Matlab/etc. for serious number crunching.
</caneshaking>

--DTVZ