[OT] machines that think for you (was: OpenStreetMap compatible GPS?)

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Apr 28 18:06:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, April 28, 2010 4:49 pm, roger.levasseur at comcast.net wrote:
> Speaking of sliderules....

And more speaking of same -- for those who want to (re-)live the past:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/be12/

That being said, they're to be found a-plenty on Ebay.  I just wish I
could remember the damn *math* I used to use 'em for.  All gone.  Must've
been swapped out to /dev/null so I could fit things like, say, how to load
OS/2 off of floppies, and Token Ring/Netware 2.x troubleshooting tips.
*sigh*

-Ken

> http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/712349-196/then-seniors-at-alvirne-re
> counthow-record-slide-rule.html
>
> -roger (an Alvirne sophomore at the time)

believed to be clean.