Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, August 18, 2010 Linux-friendly online backups

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Thu Aug 12 14:12:51 EDT 2010

When: August 18, 2010 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
Topic: Linux-friendly online backups
Moderators: Jerry Feldman and Doug Sweetser
Location: MIT Building E51, Room 325

A discussion of  online backup solutions for home and small business
Linux users such as DropBox and CrashPlan

We will discuss a number of online backup solutions that Linux users may
use, each with different attributes and pricing. We will include things
like CrashPlan, Amazon S3, JungleDisk, DropBox, Evernote and others.

For further information and directions please consult the BLU Web site
http://www.blu.org
Please note that there is usually plenty of free parking in the E-51
parking lot at 2 Amherst St, or directly on Amherst St.

After the meeting we will adjourn to the official after meeting meeting
location at The Cambridge Brewery.

Don't forget the BLU BBQ this Saturday, August 14th
http://blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2010-bbq16. It looks like the weather
will be very nice.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>