Looking for sofware to display keystrokes as they are typed, for demos

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Aug 13 07:54:22 EDT 2010

My Google-fu has failed me, in trying to come up with the keywords to
successfully search for this:

I'd like to do some training work where I'll be showing students how to
work through an application. They keystrokes I use might not be apparent
(Ctrl-W, tab, etc.), aren't echoed to the screen by the application in
all modes. It would be really helpful if there could be a pop-up or
persistent window that would display a ring buffer of the last 4 seconds
of keystrokes, in a large font, so it would be apparent which keystrokes
I was hitting.

I've seen this done in a few screencasts, but haven't found the software.

Running Fedora 12, X Windows, GNOME.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC