Quarantining an account from the Internet, or from all networking?

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 18:47:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Michael ODonnell
<michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:
> There's no notion of UID associated with
> an IP packet so once it's in transit it's not straightforward
> to know who "owns" it ...

  I've never looked into this, so I don't know if/how it works, but if
NetFilter is smart enough to look at who owns the associated socket,
it should work.  Packets don't have owners, true, but a packet without
a socket is rather like the sound of one hand clapping...

-- Ben