Linux vs Windows, obscure security features (was: Quarantining an account...)

David Hardy belovedbold357 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:22:36 EDT 2010

*"...since the first
version (Version 3.0).  (NT is today called "Windows 7", and has also
been called "Vista", "XP", and  "2000".)  (It's still Microsoft; they
love playing name games.)*
*
*
*And we all know, I think, that Windows NT was created for Microsoft by Dave
Cutler, former developer of RSX and VMS, which I started my IT "career" with
in '86.  He left DEC in '88 and I left in '89 and now he's apparently
working on Azure.  Not a big fan of UNIX.  I remember how there were a
number of similarities between the VMS user authorization parameters and the
NT ones, when, at one point, I was a sys admin for both VMS and NT at EDS,
now owned by HP, along with DEC and VMS.  *
*
*
*Just a little trip down ol' Farmer Davy's memory lane...*
*
*