Linux vs Windows, obscure security features (was: Quarantining an account...)

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Tue Aug 17 21:33:45 EDT 2010

David,

>His web site exists here:

>http://www.shannonknowshpc.com/

It must be residing on a PRO 350 running an early version of V7M-11 (nee
Ultrix-11)....it took such a long time to load, but was definitely worth
the wait.

Thanks again for the memories.

md

P.S. My note about Terry from that site:

Shannon knows..... Posted by Jon
Saturday July 09 2005 @ 01:35PM EDT
I, like many other people, had heard of Charlie Matco. The invisible
person who was under every desk at Digital Equipment Corporation, and
who knew the plans before DEC announced them, and often knew what would
happen before DEC did.

I met Terry during my days in the Digital Unix group, probably at a
DECUS. Very sharp technically, and always thinking of the customer.

Terry was one of the first analysts to embrace Linux and what it could
do for the world.

I hope they have computers in Heaven...otherwise Terry will not be
happy.

- maddog