Recommendations for/against Comcast Business as an email provider

mark prgrmr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:15:04 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Ted Roche <tedroche at tedroche.com> wrote:

> Providing email, spam filtering and network support is really beyond the
> scope of my services - mostly software development and application
> support -- so I'm hoping to find a service reliable enough to just
> configure once and leave running, with the occasional rare tweak. I
> don't see these folks having any need for an inhouse mail server if
> reliable services are available elsewhere.
>
> I'd welcome any recommendations and/or experiences.

Take a look at the "Qmail Rocks" implementation of
qmail/IMAP/ClamAV/SpamAssassin combo for doing corporate email severs:

http://www.qmailrocks.org/

I've set this up once in a business environment using the horde
application frame work as the mail interface on the server:

http://www.horde.org/

The setup is very involved, but the end-results are quite slick.

mark