Linux has won

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:07:55 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
> I heard that SORBs just started blocking the subnets used by the company
> hosting my mail-server as part of November 2010 DUHL expansion,
> and so some ISPs' customers can't receive e-mail from people using that
> hosting service. I thought GMail was supposed to be smarter than that,
> though.

  Practically everybody good these days use weighted scanning combined
with IP blacklisting for severe offenders.  Google/Postini included.
But if your MX IP address is considered "dynamic" for whatever reason,
it is going to get weighted very highly towards the spam end of the
spectrum.  Practically all mail sent directly from dynamic hosts is
spam.  Whether or not Google should be using SORBS to make that
determination, I have no idea.

  Are you saying you've got a static IP host but the RBLs are flagging
the IP address as dynamic anyway?

-- Ben