Android printer recommendations

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Wed Dec 15 14:38:05 EST 2010

I vaguely remember topics like this floating around before, but since these
things change so much I didn't see much point in digging it up.

I'm looking for a new scanner/printer/copier combo and my wife wants to be
able to print from her Android as well as our Ubuntu boxes.  Something stand
alone (wifi) would be ideal.  I found some rave references to an Android app
http://www.printershare.com/mobile.sdf and the pay-for version ($5) says it
will print to wifi and bluetooth printers.  HP has a free Android app for
their printers but it appears to only print photos, which is not what we are
trying to accomplish.

$5 is fine, but I'm hoping some on here has some direct experience with this
software or had a better, more open, way to print from Android as well as
some wifi printer/scanner/copier combo that is known to work well with
either method.  All comments are welcome.

Alan Johnson
alan at datdec.com