SMART diags (was: mismatch_cnt != 0, member content mismatch, but md says the mirror is good)

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:43:45 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:
> Huh -- I actually *have* had SMART tell me things were awry, several
> times.

  Well, that's good to know.  :)

  Just curious, did you get a chance to see if any of them actually
started failing soon after?

  Like I said, I did have one case where SMART said something was
wrong, but nobody could figure out why it was saying that, and they
only did an exchange because I insisted.  And, of course, since it was
a service contract, I couldn't keep the old part to see if/when it
would actually start showing other symptoms.

-- Ben