Two-party video conferencing

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:07:44 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Lloyd Kvam <python at venix.com> wrote:
> How is 2-party video conferencing different from Ekiga/Skype Internet
> phone calls with video?

  I have no idea.  I've never worked with any kind of "live video"
telecomm, other than a brief stint with MSN Messenger for another
customer.

  Skype needs a third-party server, right?  So that would be out.

  Ekiga, as you and Tom Buskey kindly suggested, looks like it might
work.  It's not explict in their FAQ, but it sounds to me like it
might be able to work with an entirely internal system.

  Anyone know what's needed to make Ekiga work this way?  I know what
XMPP, SIP, Asterisk, etc., *are*, but I've never had to setup a
working implementation.

  (I know we have consultants on this list.  If someone has a canned
solution ready, send me a proposal off-list.  If the price is good
I'll prolly just outsource the initial setup.)

-- Ben