And we thought they were dead :-)

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Thu Jul 8 15:31:28 EDT 2010

We'll have to see what the 10th District has to say. Not sure if they
will get any of the same justices they saw before, I believe one
retired. I have not looked closely at the contract SCO has with Boies,
Schiller and Flexner or Hatch, James and Dodge. There were some items a
few years ago where a fund was set up for the attorneys. I suspect that
if the 10th district accepts the appeal that there could be some
fireworks. Judge Stewart from the latest trial commented on how good the
lawyering was. While there were several other issues, the on on the APA
where Novell sold Unix to Santa Cruz is the most important because it is
where the Unix IP was not transferred. In this case, I think it is like
a prisoner on death row trying to get his execution vacated.

BTW: The bankruptcy hearing scheduled for July 12th has been cancelled.
I suspect that there are no significant motions before this court.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix