Software Patents

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Jul 17 12:25:40 EDT 2010

I agree Bruce,
The Bilski decision is certainly an important decision in this area. I
generally read Groklaw, and PJ always keeps us up to date about things
like this.

I would also like to see ways that the patent trolls can be regulated.
IMHO, a patent should not be allowed to be enforced unless there is an
economic loss to the individual or business. The elimination of software
patents will remove a lot of these trolls.

Additionally, New Zealand is about to outlaw software patents altogether.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix