ORPF - One Radio Per Family

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Sun Jun 6 14:28:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am working on an article about FOSS multimedia, and I found this video
which I thought was worth passing along;

http://www.mdlf.org/en/main/multimedia/

it is the one at the bottom of the page entitled:

Radio Pikon Ane

make sure you make it full screen so you can read the titles.

This is from an organization, Media Development Loan Fund that helps to
create independent radio stations in developing nations to bring
information, news and education to people who are otherwise without.

This particular station serves 70000 people who otherwise would get no
information.

They also fund Sourcefabric (www.sourcefabric.org) which produces what
used to be called "campcaster" (a FOSS suite of tools for making a radio
station, either analog, digital or Internet) and "campsite" (a FOSS
multilingual CMS system for news sites).

md