Broadcom WiFi -- for a public library -- in Fedora 13 maybe?

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Jun 10 14:33:14 EDT 2010

Bill Sconce wrote:
> But then the zinger: of COURSE...they only use wireless.  And
> of COURSE...the laptop has a Broadcom Wifi adapter.  And of course
> it doesn't work.

My netbook reports having a "Network controller: Broadcom Corporation
BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)".  It's currently running Ubuntu 10.04, with
the proprietary broadcom drives (installed by the handy "Hardware
Drivers" application).  I didn't have to do any work to get it going ...
just installed the driver and all was seemingly well.

This is not intended as a "my distro is better than <insert other
distro>" - just a data point that it worked fine for me.

--
Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
colet at code-energy.com