Broadcom WiFi -- for a public library -- in Fedora 13 maybe?

kenta kenta at guster.net
Thu Jun 10 14:35:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Bill Sconce <sconce at in-spec-inc.com> wrote:
> >From the Web it looks like "fwcutter", proprietary firmware
> copyrights, kernel modules...pretty ugly.  (And Latitudes use
> Nvidia, but it does seem that Fedora 13 has the Nvidia part
> working.)

Why not use fwcutter? I used it recently with Ubuntu 10 .04 on an
aging Dell laptop (I don't remember the model, but it was about an 2
inch thick brick of a laptop). It too had a Broadcomm chip based
wireless adapter and.... after an apt-get and hitting "OK" a few times
I was on 'net in under 5 minutes.

The alternative for broadcom's seems to be to setup NDISWRAPPER with
the windows driver which takes some additional time. If my memory
serves me correctly, a lot more of a hassle.

-Kenta