SCO's Bankruptcy Hearing Monday Is Called Off

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Fri Jun 18 15:01:32 EDT 2010

From Groklaw:

SCO's Bankruptcy Hearing Monday Is Called Off
Friday, June 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM EDT

SCO's bankruptcy hearing scheduled for Monday in Delaware has been
cancelled. The next one will be on July 12 at 1:30, or so they say, so
if you were planning to attend on Monday, please rearrange your plans.

This is the third time in a row that SCO has cancelled a bankruptcy
hearing. They cancelled in May
<http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20100515013828885>, and they
cancelled in April
<http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2010042022570096>, and now
again they cancel in June. Is there perchance something they'd rather
not tell the judge? Something they don't want the creditors to bring up?
You think?

I have a question for him. Why isn't SCO in Chapter 7? What is the plan
to pay off the Yarro loan so all the assets don't end up in the hands of
the man who started this whole fiasco?

I guess Judge Gross will just have to wait to find out SCO not only lost
the jury trial, which he knows already, but also SCO's laughable effort
to get the copyrights given to them as a present from the judge in Utah
anyway. What to do? What to do now? How to stay protected in bankruptcy
(so IBM can't eat them alive) while they try to figure out if they can
appeal and if so, how. A hearing might be a tad awkward at the moment,
I'm guessing.

I would suspect that Judge Cahn and his management and legal teams
probably want to figure out how to sue someone else. I would expect that
either Novell or IBM might push a motion or two.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix