Notes from the Python SIG, 25-Feb-2010: Introduction to CSS

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Mon Mar 1 14:19:27 EST 2010

Six people braved miserably wet weather to attend the February meeting
of the Python Special Interest Group, held as usual on the fourth
Thursday of the month at the Amoskeag Business Incubator.

We had a brief set of introductions and announcements of upcoming
meetings. We hope to host a discussion of PyCon 2010 presentations by
PySIG members next month; details to be worked out, stay tuned.

I've seen this presentation seven times and I think this was the best.
Along with the Introduction to CSS, I added a "sneak peek" preview of
HTML5 and CSS3 and discussed the support (finally!) for CSS 2.1 in
Internet Explorer 8 and how that meant the leading browsers all had
support for some intriguing features as outlined in the SitePoint book,
"Everything You Know About CSS is Wrong!" There was lots of give and
take with the audience, and a few side trips off-script to cover an
issue someone wanted to know more about, and a war story or two. Ben
Scott was heckled in abstentia.

Slides can be found at http://www.tedroche.com/Present/2010/css/css.html.

Thanks to Bill for arranging and promoting the meeting, to the Amoskeag
Business Incubator for the fine facilities, to Laura and the Hopkinton
High girls basketball team fundraiser for the M&M cookies, and to all
who attended and participated.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche&  Associates, LLC