OT? - Broadband Troubleshooting

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 16:13:37 EST 2010

Greg writes:

> I have a problem and not sure the best approach to isolate and resolve
> it.  My home network seems to have momentary (1-15 seconds) lapses in
> response time or connectivity.  The network setup is pretty standard.
> Broadband connection, Linksys router running Tomato, a couple of (dumb)
> 5-8 port switches with both wired and wireless devices.  I suspect the
> cable provider.

Do you still experience this problem if you temporarily
eliminate/bypass the Linksys router and the switches from your home
network?

Regards,

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc / http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/
GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E

 Wipe him down with gasoline 'til his arms are hard and mean
 From now on boys this iron boat's your home
 So heave away, boys.
   -- Tom Waits