Google Wave?

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:07:09 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Alan Johnson <alan at datdec.com> wrote:
> One other thing Wave is clearly valueable for is getting geeks to talk about
> google.  =)

  That thought occurred to me, too.  No joke.

  Back when there was much speculation that Colin Powell might run for
president but the man himself seemed very quiet about the matter,  the
comedian Mark Russel speculated that it might just be "the best book
promotion gag since the New Testament".

> ... a large group
> of people could collaborate on a single document in real time....

  That might work.  I'm not sure how well it would lend itself to a
large, structured document, though.  No real outline/heading system,
no ability to hide/zoom on things.

> It could better enable remote participation, but I don't imagine the Wave
> interface applies well to coding.  Does it?

  Well, it's basically just a text area, so I suppose you could use it
that way.  And adding syntax highlighting should be fairly
straight-forward.

> Oo, oh, or legislatures working on draft legislation might be a good
> specific example.

  There's no facility for parliamentary procedure.  HHOS.

> Anyway, nice write-up Ben!  Thanks!

  Thanks for the compliment, and you're welcome.  :)

-- Ben