[GNHLUG] NHRuby, Monday, 15 March: Ruby on Windows

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Wed Mar 10 18:00:42 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Turnbull
Subject: [nhruby-discuss] March Meetup: Windows and Ruby

Join us at RMC Research (1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH) this coming
Monday, 15 March 2010 at 7pm for the March edition of NHRuby.  This
month our host with the most, Tim Golden (Technology Director at RMC
Research), is leading a hands-on session on setting up Ruby on Windows.

Windows has long been an "also ran" in the Ruby community... but no
more! With a proper setup, Windows is a robust and stable platform for
Ruby development and Tim will guide us through a live install of Ruby,
Rubygems, and some popular gems.  In addition, Windows IDEs (integrated
development environments) will be covered.  Wrapping up, we'll put our
new Ruby environment to the test developing a simple Rails application.

Tim will be providing CDs of all packages needed to get up and running,
so bring your Windows boxes and get setup with Ruby!

Directions to RMC Research and more information can be found at
http://nhruby.org

--

Ted Roche
Ted Roche&  Associates, LLC