Open Source Bridge: Call For Proposals and raffle a free pass for your user group!

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Mon Mar 15 13:33:00 EDT 2010

Forwarding FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Open Source Bridge: CFP and raffle a free pass for your user
group!
Date: 	Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:50:01 -0700
From: 	Selena Deckelmann <selena at bridgepdx.org>
To: 	tedroche at tedroche.com

Open Source Bridge
http://opensourcebridge.org

Open Source Bridge is a conference for developers working with open
source technologies. It will take place June 1–4, 2010, in Portland,
Oregon, with five tracks connecting people across projects, languages
and experience to explore how we do our work and why we participate in
open source. The conference structure is designed to provide developers
with an opportunity to learn from people they might not connect with at
other events. Attendees will learn and interact at three days of
traditional conference presentations, a day of free-form unconference
sessions, and our 24-hour Hacker Lounge.

This year we are thrilled to have an excellent downtown location at the
Portland Art Museum ( http://pam.org/ ), an extra day packed full of
open source goodness, and an on-site 24-hour Hacker Lounge! As a user
group member, you can use the coupon code "osbugluv" to register for
only $200 when you select either an Early Bird Registration (through
April 1st), or a Regular Registration (after April 1st). Learn more and
register today at http://opensourcebridge.org/attend/

The conference is run entirely by volunteers who believe in the need for
an open source event that focuses on the culture of being an open source
citizen, regardless of where in the stack you choose to code. All
proceeds from conference registration and sponsorship go directly to the
costs of the conference.

Our event shares in-depth knowledge about using, creating and
contributing to open source as citizens of a greater community. You’ll
find relevant information whether you write web apps for the cloud,
tinker with operating system internals, create hardware, run a startup,
or blog about technology.

We're still seeking proposals — and we've just extended the deadline
through March 25th — so submit yours before time runs out at
http://opensourcebridge.org/proposals/

The city of Portland is a great place to visit. It has a thriving
technical community, a love of all things open source and offers many
attractions for visiting geeks, including Powell’s technical books,
dozens of local brewpubs, and large greenspaces like Forest Park—all
accessible by mass transit.

Visit http://opensourcebridge.org/ to learn more about the conference,
see our session proposals, and register to attend.

Thanks!

--
Open Source Bridge Foundation
http://opensourcebridge.org