Google Chrome

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Fri Mar 19 12:23:27 EDT 2010

> I've been using adblock under Chrome for a couple months now ... seems
> to work about as well as the Firefox one for me.  *shrug*

That being said, it's all coming together... slowly.  For example, it's
only been six months or so that Chrome's been running Flash -- at least in
part because of security concerns.  (Note that you could run it more than
six months ago, but a) it was really hard to make it happen, and b) it
crashed roughly every 3.7 ms.)  I still find that Flash dies horribly from
time to time -- if you find a task "exe" hogging 100% CPU, kill it.  Your
Flash will go away, but happiness will return.

About once every two weeks or so, I just need to exit out of *all* Chrome
sessions, which I didn't think would be necessary given Chrome's
process-per-page paradigm.

And, yes, it does (apparently) support HTML 5, and relevant embedded
CODECs (see http://www.youtube.com/html5).

So, yeah, it doesn't have all the plugins or polish that FF does, but I
almost *never* lose my entire browser to one b0rk3n site.  And that works
for me.

$.02,

-Ken

On Fri, March 19, 2010 11:53 am, Cole Tuininga wrote:
> Benjamin Scott wrote:
>
>> Things like NoScript, ad blockers, and cookie controls are also
>> rather meager right now.
>

> --
> Cole Tuininga
> Lead Developer
>

> --
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.