Google Chrome

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Mar 19 13:54:15 EDT 2010

On 03/19/2010 01:31 PM, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Jon 'maddog' Hall<maddog at li.org>  wrote:
>
>> Chrome is also the only browser I know of that is planning on supporting
>> both H.264/Mp4 and Theora/Vorbis as codecs.
>>
>    Firefox 3.6 claims to support the latter (but not "both").  I
> haven't really tried it.
>
>    Isn't MP4 patent encumbered?

I believe H.264 requires a patent license, too.

I've been using the open source version of Chrome, Chromium, packaged up
for Fedora by Tom "spot" Callaway:

http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/

The V8 Javascript engine is perky and even runs Google Mail relatively
quickly. The browser seems pretty stable. Supports a fair amount of HTML
5 and CSS 3 as well as the usual assortment of previous "standards."

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche&  Associates, LLC